Here at WehnerEd, our mission is to enable you to unlock your greatest value, discover your true purpose, and to live a life that fulfills your deepest passions through that work you love. In each episode, we explore tech roles that positively impact the world, uncover the straightest path to earning a career that you’ll love, and provide meaningful insights to help you be your best.
Today’s interview is one of my favorites to date. Jonathan Cutrell is the Chief Technology Officer at Whiteboard, co-founder of spec.fm, and is host of the Developer Tea podcast. The Developer Tea Podcast exists to help driven developers connect to their ultimate purpose and excel at their work so that they can positively impact others.
In today's episode, we cover topics such as:
- How to get started in a developer role
- The current state of tech: constant change
- The 21st Century stereotypical career path – life is short, do work that you love. Take time to figure out what you care about, and pursue it!
- The motivation for The Developer Tea Podcast – to empower individuals to pursue jobs that fulfills their purpose. The future of jobs is going to primarily be determined by people working in tech. Those individuals have so much power to shape our future, and I'm not sure they know that.
- Software developers wield the power to make the world around them a better place. Fight for the good side, and it only takes a few skills to get involved.
- Software shut down the stock market for a day! (And other potential evils of software)
- What Facebook knows about you is daunting
- Is learning to code the new literacy? (And other changing norms in society)
- How code will change “a pretty large swath” of jobs.
- What the future of jobs will look like (our best guess!)
- Are you ready for technology to be embedded in your body? Wearables are just the beginning.